What is Give BIG Riverside County?
A 24-hour online giving day (think web-a-thon, like a telethon only 100% online) to raise $300,000 (or more) in 24 hours on November 13, 2014 for participating nonprofits serving Riverside County.
WHY should my organization participate?
- Raise funds for your organization!
- Increase the visibility of your organization!
- Learn how to attract new and younger donors!
- It’s simple, with an easy four-step process!
Have more questions?
HOW do I participate?
- Sign up and set up. Complete the online application. The sooner you register the more you save. Your registration fee includes free trainings and technical assistance on using social media, donor cultivation and setting up your online giving page (yours free to use after GBRC); marketing materials and resources and multi-agency networking opportunities. The earlier you sign up, the more access you have to trainings live. Register by:
- Early Bird: June 30, 2014. Registration is $100 (includes special classes from Nonprofit Resource Center starting early July)
- On Time: August 28, 2014. Registration is $125.
- Late: After August 29, 2014. Registration is $150.
- Market Your Organization. Minimal time investment of one hour per week suggested using social media outlets such as Facebook and Twitter along with email blasts. Also use traditional marketing and outreach by using Give BIG posters, mailing out Give BIG postcards and create word of mouth campaigns with staff, volunteers and board members. More outreach = more opportunity = more donations! Involve your current board, staff, volunteers and donors so they can get all of their friends, family and co-workers to donate. Plan to attend Give BIG Riverside County “Coffee Chats” and educational workshops to network with other organizations, learn best practices and strategies, and to make most out of GBRC.
- FUNdraise on November 13. Keep the excitement by creating 24-hours of fun activity for your volunteers and supporters.
- Thank your supporters. Show your existing and new donors, as well as your volunteers, that you appreciate their participation.
WHAT comes with participation?
Each nonprofit will:
- Benefit from a county-wide marketing campaign to boost donations and engage new donors.
- Have its own profile page that is easily searchable from the home page.
- Receive donations directly to your organization and retain exclusivity to your donors who give to you during the Giving Day. Razoo Foundation processes all the online donations for us, so you don’t have to set up any separate accounts or systems to collect donations. Razoo releases all donations within 30 days after 11.13.14. A competitive rate of .07 cents of every dollar donated is used to cover processing fees and to defray costs of technology and coordination of the Give BIG Riverside campaign. Your organization will receive 93% of every dollar donated to your agency.
WHO is involved in Give BIG Riverside?
- Coordinated by The Community Foundation
- Governed by a Taskforce of over 20 local nonprofit organization leaders and community leaders devoting volunteer time to plan and implement the Give BIG Riverside County campaign.
- Sponsors including The Norris Group. Want to be a sponsor?
- Powered by Razoo.com, one of the country’s leading online charitable gift processors (over $100 million raised).
Looking for more information? Join one of our free information sessions or call us at 951-241-7777 and ask for Shari.